Welcome to the Doutta Galla Tennis Club
The club is an official affiliate of Tennis Victoria.
All members are encouraged to subscribe to our Online Newsletter, eBaseline, to be kept up to date with all of the club's latest news.
The club is looking to get an expression of interest from members who would like to be involved in this years club championships.
We would like to encourage all members to get involved, especially our group of juniors.
We are not specifying dates/times yet but we are looking to try to isolate events into singles days or evenings to make it a lot easier for those involved.
We are also looking to hold the junior events on possibly the day of the Clubs Christmas party , for something different.
If you are interested in being involved please complete the form.
There will also be list available in the clubhouse from Sunday the 4th of September
Please be aware of the court lights procedure if you ever experience any of light switches tripping – a procedure sign has been put up to follow.
The Steps are:
- Slowly turn on the light switches one at a time, this reduces an in-rush of power and the possibility of a nuisance trip.
- If you hear a trip whilst operating a light switch, check which circuit has tripped by opening the switchboard and nothing which breaker it is.
- Switch off the light switch which caused the trip and re-set the breaker on the switch board.
- Wait 5 minutes and try operating the switch again.
The Club’s Working Bee is to be held on Sunday the 16th of October from 12pm at the Club. Members that attend and assist are entitled to receive their Maintenance Levy back from the Club.
Please bring along any gardening tools to help make our Club beautiful.
The assistance of Members is greatly appreciated as many hands make light work.
Congratulations to the Junior A Reserve 2 Mixed Team and the Saturday Afternoon Mens B Special Team who won their Grand Finals in recent weeks.
The Junior Team, which is combined with St. John Bosco’s, defeated the Corpus Christi / St. Monica’s combined team 56 games to 49. The Team consisted of Ruby, Bridget, Stephanie, Alana, Eliza, Daniel, Callum, Anthony and Marc throughout the season.
The Saturday Afternoon Mens B Special Team defeated St Monica’s by 7 games. The Team, consisting of Will Egan, Clinton Shimmin and Steven Linforth, were ahead after two singles wins, but the doubles were much closer after some great tennis.
Congratulations to both teams on their wins.
Team entries for the Spring Season for the NSNTA (Saturday Afternoons) competition close soon. The club will be entering multiple teams and is looking for any players that are interested. There are two types of grades:
– Mixed where two Ladies and two Men play each week
– Mens where there are two Singles and two Doubles matches each week.
The season commences around August. If you are interested in playing please contact the Club via Email.
The Club had two Saturday Afternoon and one Juniors Team in the Finals recently and the Club has two teams in Grand Finals this weekend:
- The A Reserve 2 Juniors Team won their semi final last Friday Night against Tullamarine / Bulla Village 56 games to 36. They play the Grand Final against Corpus Christi / St. Monica’s at Royal Park this Friday Night.
- The Men’s B Special Singles Doubles Saturday Afternoon team defeated Maribyrong Park by 19 games at home. They play the Grand Final against St Monica’s at Doutta Galla this Saturday afternoon.
- The Mixed B Special Saturday Afternoon team were defeated by St Monica’s by 16 games on Saturday. Well done to the team for making the finals.
The Committee wishes both teams luck in their Grand Finals this weekend (and hopes the rain stays away).
The Club’s Annual General Meeting will be held on Sunday the 26th of June from 7:30pm at the Club.
The Meeting will involve a summary of the year within the Club as well as any business for the coming year. The Committee as well as office bearers for the 2016 / 2017 year will also be nominated.
All Members are welcome to attend the AGM. If any Members are unable to attend and wish for a topic to be discussed, you are welcome to send the Club an Email and we will place your topic on the agenda.
The Finals have been progressing for all Competitions this month and the Club has a few teams who have played finals recently:
- The Men’s B Special 1 Team were defeated in their Grand Final recently by Caroline Springs by two games. The Team of Greg Forbes, Michael Mann, Aaron Sharpe, Ben White and Walter Wagner played well in what was a great game.
- The Thursday Ladies Section 5 Team were defeated by Strathmore by 8 games.
Well done to both teams for making the finals and commiserations for the result.
The Club has two Saturday Afternoon Teams playing semi finals next weekend (the previous week’s finals were washouts):
- The Men’s Open Singles Doubles B Special Team are due to play Maribyrnong Park at home.
- The Mixed B Special Team are due to play St Monica’s at St Monica’s.
Good luck to the Teams in their Semi Finals.
Remember, Team Entries close soon for all Competitions. The entries for the NSNTA close on Wednesday 15th June. If you wish to play please register your interest on the sign up sheet in the Clubhouse or send the Club an Email. Please do not assume that because you played this season that you will automatically be registered to play next season.
The Semi Finals of the NSNTA were played last week and one of the two of the Club’s Semi Finalists made it to the Grand Final:
- The Men’s B Special 1 Team defeated OLN by two games last week, 31 to 29. It was a close match and the team, consisting of Aaron Sharpe, Greg Forbes, Walter Wagner and Ben White, fought hard all night. The team will play Caroline Springs at Strathmore this Thursday 26th May. All are welcome to cheer the team on.
- The Men’s C Special 4 Team were defeated by Essendon by seven games last week, 24 to 31. The Team of Clinton Shimmin, Steven Linforth, John Bevan and Jesse Gilpin (with James Foster filling in for the last set) were close but finished a few of games short.
Please remember that if you wish to play next season please let the Committee know by writing your name on the Sign Up Sheets or sending the Club an Email.