By now everyone is aware of the Covid-19 virus.
Over the past few days, there has been plenty of media coverage and there
has been a lot of movement by the Federal /State governments with changes
to how we go about our daily lives.
As part of this it is expected or assumed that somehow our usual activities at Doutta Galla TC will also be affected.
The Committee feels strongly about the welfare of our club and all its members and that is the main priority.
Tennis Australia (TA) and Tennis Victoria (TV) have both issued statements over the weekend.
- TA’s update can be found here. – this applies to Tennis Victoria run events.
- TV’s update can be found here. – this applies to our local competition and will be more relevant for our members.
Currently as of the 15/3/2020 – local competition has made the following statements:
- NSTA – Saturday Afternoon competition – is suspended
- NSJTA – Junior competition – was cancelled Saturday and the association is reviewing its activities this week.
- NSNTA – night competition – is suspended.
- NSLTA – unsure currently.
Social play at the Club is not restricted, however if you feel unwell you should stay away from the club and seek advice.
Coaching for now will continue as normal – with strict guidelines around best health practices.
Anyone who is feeling unwell should not go to coaching and should stay away from coaching for 2 weeks. Anthony will arrange credits for lessons missed.
The Club will take awareness measures to the best of our abilities – these include:
- Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Dry with paper towel or hand dryer.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Stay at home if you feel sick.
- If you take medication make sure you have enough.
- Phone your doctor or the hotline – 1800 675 398 – if you need medical attention. They will tell you what to do.
- Continue healthy habits: exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep.
- Wearing a face mask is not necessary if you are well.
- Buy an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with over 60 per cent alcohol
Further information can be found on the Victorian Government’s Web Site.
The most important message i have for everyone is – if we all do the right things at the club we will help to limit any spread of potential illness – so lets all do our bit! if you see something that needs to be cleaned, take 30 seconds to help out.
We will continue to monitor this situation.
In the event that the club is affected through the impact of the virus whether that’s internally or externally with competition, we will ensure that we work to communicate as clearly as we can in terms of any disruptions that may arise.
President Doutta Galla TC