- NSNTA Autumn Grand Final Results and NSJTA Finals Update
Commiserations to the Mens B Special 5 Team who played their Grand Final last Thursday and lost to Essendon. The team, consisting of Will, James, Steven and James, didn’t have the best of nights but had a great season overall. The Committee wishes to congratulate the team on making the Grand Final.
The next few weeks bring the finals for the Thursday Ladies and Juniors competitions with a few teams looking to make Finals.
The following Juniors teams are playing Semi Finals this weekend:
- The A Grade 1 team play Buckley Park on Friday night at home.
- The A Reserve 2 team play St Christopher’s on Saturday morning at Delahey.
- The B Grade 2 team play Oak Park on Saturday morning at Maribyrnong Park.
- The C Reserve 2 team play Ascot Vale on Saturday morning at Maribyrnong Park.
- The D Grade 3 team play St Therese’s on Saturday morning at Fawkner.
The Committee wishes all teams luck in their Semi Finals this weekend.
- NSNTA Autumn Semi Final Results
The first week of the NSNTA finals is completed and the Club has one team that won their Semi Final and will move on to the Grand Final this week.
The Mens B Special 5 team, consisting of Steven, James, Arya and Andrew, defeated Keilor in a very dominant match that was pretty much over moving into the last two sets, even with Andrew filling in at the last minute as an emergency. The team play Essendon at Avondale Heights on Thursday night in the Grand Final. Any Members looking to support the team are welcome to attend.
The Club’s two Mixed Teams were not as lucky, with both teams just losing their Semi Finals:
- The Mixed A Reserve 2 team, consisting of Rachel, Ashley, Thomas and Kieran, lost on sets to Delahey in a very close game.
- The Mixed B Reserve 2 team, consisting of Bella, Vanessa, Shaymus and Joshua, lost to Taylor’s Lakes by 9 games.
Commiserations to the two Mixed teams who had a great season and played very well to make the finals. Good luck to the Mens team playing in the Grand Final on Thursday night.
- New Courts are now Open
The Doutta Galla Tennis Club is happy to announce that our new Courts are now open and available for use by Members and Members of the Public via the Book a Court system.
Please note that it has been suggested by the court’s manufacturer that in order to spread the sand evenly across the Court that the Courts are bagged from side to side, rather from end to end. The manufacturer has indicated that this will help minimise the loss of sand over time which will help us keep the Courts in good condition for many more years to come.
We thank our Members for their patience during the last month and we look forward to seeing everyone enjoying our brand new courts. If you have any questions or notice any issues please contact the Committee via our Web Site.
- Team Entries Open for Spring 2023 Seasons
The Team Entries are now open for the Spring 2023 Seasons of the various competitions which are due to commence in late July/early August.
To register your interest please contact your Team’s Captain or the Senior Selection Committee via Email. Entries close Tuesday 6th June 2023.
To register your interest for Junior Competitions please contact Aaron our President, Anthony our Coach or contact the Committee via Email.
- Autumn Finals Update
The Autumn seasons for 2023 are coming to a close and the finals are here for the NSNTA competitions. The Club has a number of teams playing in finals in the coming weeks:
- The Mixed A Reserve 2 team play Delahey at Buckley Park on Wednesday night.
- The Mixed B Reserve 2 team play Taylor’s Lakes at Essendon on Wednesday night.
- The Mens B Special 5 team play Keilor at Strathmore on Thursday night.
Good luck to all teams playing in this finals and thanks to all teams for playing this season.
- Court Replacement Update
Work has been continuing on the replacement of the Courts and everything is going well. The surface has been stripped, the base has been levelled and the new surface laid.
Unfortunately the work has extended a further week, with the work expected to be completed and the courts ready for play on Thursday 17 May.
There are a few matches that have been required to be moved due to the extra time required and the Committee has made the appropriate arrangements to move these matches and contacted the affected teams. Details of these matches are updated on the Club’s Web Site.
The following are images of the replacement in progress.
- Selling or renting your home? Support the Club by contacting Nelson Alexander Real Estate
Nelson Alexander are proud to support the Doutta Galla Tennis Club and will pay a contribution to the Club for all new business generated from our members, parents & friends.
Please complete the details in the form in the link if you would like to arrange a no obligation sales or rental appraisal or call Nelson Alexander’s Essendon Office on 9379 1313 or visit www.nelsonalexander.com.au, please be sure to mention the Doutta Galla Tennis Club to support the Club.
- Court Re-location Schedule for Competition Matches during Court Replacement
The following is a summary of the re-location of each Competition match while of our Courts have been replaced. Each of the Team Captains and opposing teams have been notified. Please note that this schedule is subject to change.
For those teams playing at Glencairn’s courts, please take note of the address of the courts as Glencairn have multiple locations throughout Coburg and West Brunswick.
Wednesday 12th April
- NSNTA – Mixed – A Reserve 2 – Doutta Galla vs. East Coburg is to be played at Oak Park
Thursday 13th April
- NSNTA – Mens – B Special 5 – Doutta Galla vs. Essendon is to be played at Glenroy
- NSNTA – Mens – C Special 2 – Doutta Galla vs. Greenvale is to be played at Greenvale
Tuesday 18th April
- NSNTA – Ladies – A Reserve 2 Doutta Galla vs. Sydenham is to be played at Oak Park
- NSNTA – Ladies – C Reserve 2 Doutta Galla vs. Keilor East is to be played at Oak Park
Wednesday 19th April
- NSNTA – Mixed – B Reserve 2 – Douttta Galla vs. Buckley Park is to be played at Glencairn (Fraser Reserve, Hopetoun Avenue, West Brunswick)
Thursday 20th April
- NSNTA – Mens – B Special 4 – Doutta Galla vs. Ascot Vale is to be played at Ascot Vale
Wednesday 26th April
- NSNTA – Mixed – A Reserve 2 – Doutta Galla vs. Royal Park is to be played at Royal Park
Thursday 27th April
- NSLTA – Ladies – Section 4 – Doutta Galla vs. Buckley Park is to be played at Buckley Park
- NSNTA – Mens – B Special 5 – Doutta Galla vs. Moomba Park is to be played at Moomba Park
- NSNTA – Mens – C Special 2 – Doutta Galla vs. Essendon is to be played at Hume
Friday 28th April
- Juniors – A Grade 1 – Doutta Galla/Buckley Park vs. Essendon/St Thereses is to be played at Glencairn (Haig Ave, Coburg)
Saturday 29th April
- Juniors – B Grade 2 – Doutta Galla vs. Maribrynong Park is to be played at Maribrynong Park
- Juniors – C Grade 1 Unisex – Doutta Galla vs. Royal Park is to be played at Royal Park
Tuesday 2nd May
- NSNTA – Ladies – B Grade 2 – Doutta Galla vs. Tullamarine is to be played at Tullamarine
Wednesday 3rd May
- NSNTA – Mixed – B Reserve 2 – Doutta Galla vs. Merlynston is to be played at Merlynston
Thursday 4th May
- NSLTA – Section 3 – Doutta Galla vs. Rosamond is to be played at Rosamond
- NSNTA – Mens – B Special 4 – Doutta Galla vs. Essendon is to be played at Glenroy
Friday 5th May
- Juniors – A Grade 1 – Doutta Galla/Buckley Park vs. Strathmore is to be played at Glencairn (Haig Ave, Coburg)
Saturday 6th May
- NSJTA – C Res 2 – Doutta Galla vs. Maribrynong Park is to be played at Maribrynong Park
- NSJTA – D Grade 3 Unisex – Doutta Galla vs. St Therese’s is to be played at St Therese’s
- Pennant – Doutta Galla vs. Carmelite to be played at Glencairn (Haig Ave, Coburg)
Tuesday 9th May
- NSNTA – A Reserve 2 – Doutta Galla vs. St Monica’s is to be played at Oak Park
- NSNTA – C Reserve 2 – Doutta Galla vs. West Brunswick is to be played at Oak Park
Wednesday 10th May
- NSNTA – Mixed A Res 2 – Doutta Galla vs. North Park is to be played at Oak Park
Thursday 11th May
- NSLTA – Section 4 – Doutta Galla vs. St. Monica’s (Black) is to be played at St. Monica’s.
- NSNTA – B Special 5 – Doutta Galla vs. Airport West is to be played at Hume.
- NSNTA – C Special 2 – Doutta Galla vs. Keilor Park is to be played at Keilor Park.
Friday 12th May
- NSJTA – A Grade 3 – Doutta Galla vs. Sydneham is to be played at Sydenham.
Saturday 13th May
- NSJTA – B Grade 2 – Doutta Galla vs. Mt. Carmel is to be played at Mt. Carmel.
- NSJTA – C Grade 1 – Doutta Galla vs. St. John Bosco’s is to be played at St. John Bosco’s.
- Courts to be replaced during April and May
The replacement of the Club’s courts will occur during April and May, with work starting on Wednesday 12 April and continuing to around Wednesday 10 May, however this will be confirmed closer to the date. The courts will not be usable during this time.
The Committee has organised for competition matches to be moved to alternate venues. Kat has been in contact with all Team Captains to provide the details of where the replacement matches will be held. The Committee will keep our Web Site updated with the schedule of replacement matches so if you have any questions that is your first place to look.
Special thanks to Kat the Treasurer at and Aaron the President for organising everything and coordinating the replacement matches. This project has required a huge effort and it has not gone unnoticed. Thanks to all of the Committee and Members for their assistance in making this project possible.
The club would also like to thank the Moonee Valley City Council for the funding for this work.
- Open Day is on Sunday 12 February 2023
The Doutta Galla Tennis Club’s annual Open Day is on Sunday 12th February 2023 from 10am to 4pm. Everyone and anyone is welcome to come down to the Club, have a hit with the coach and play some tennis – all for free.
The Club is hosting:
- Hot Shots for the Kids
- Casual Play
- Free Coaching
- Speed Serving
- Hit the Target competitions
- And much more